February 25, 2020
Please note that there are no travel restrictions to Vienna or Austria nor any other limitations for congresses, private or public events. The Austrian Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection sees currently no need for recommendations or restrictions in regard to major events taking place in Vienna.
The Agency for Health and Nutrition, a subsidiary of the Federal Ministry, has issued a statement about the relatively low risk of the new coronavirus. The following precautions are recommended, in accordance with the WHO:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with water and soap
- When sneezing or coughing, cover mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands!) or sneeze or cough in the crook of your arm; discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid direct contact with sick people
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
At the congress venue, disinfectants will be provided in all washrooms. Also, there will be a qualified medical team who is aware of the latest developments and regulations and fully equipped according to recommendations issued by the Austrian health authorities.
The ESR does, however, understand, if people refrain from travelling at this time, and particularly our colleagues from China may encounter obstacles in travelling as their medical expertise is needed in their home country.
The ESR is well-prepared and pleased to offer everybody everywhere to be part of the ECR online, regardless of any restrictions.
The ECR is a fully digital online congress and can be attended from anywhere in the world via our platform ECR Live on ESR Connect. Even the technical exhibition will be streamed online for the very first time.
Colleagues not able to attend in person can still experience ECR 2020 in full and claim CME credits. Also, everybody who has already bought a regular ticket has access to ECR Live with full CME credits automatically.